Here is a collection of links to projects around the web that use CrossWorks.
We really enjoy hearing about all the many interesting projects that CrossWorks is being used to develop. If you have a project that you'd like included on these pages, please send the details to email@example.com.
Developing on a budget and powered by enthusiasm? These links will suit you.
- Low-Altitude Unmanned Reconnaissance Airplane (LAURIN), Jens Altenburg. Winner of the Best LPC2136-Based Project Bonus in the Philips ARM Design Contest 2005.
- Digital Audio Player, Jan Szymanski. Awarded a Distinctive Excellence accolade in the Philips ARM Design Contest 2005. Also in Issue 194 (September 2006) of Circuit Cellar Ink and the Circuit Cellar Digital Library.
- TNKernel, a compact and fast real-time kernel, Yuri Tiomkin. This kernel comes under a FreeBSD-like license which is more commercial-use-friendly than kernels that use the GPL or LGPL license.
- FreeRTOS, a portable, open source, real-time kernel, Richard Barry. Nicely done with lots of examples. For commercial use you can escape the GPL straightjacket and get professional support from WITTENSTEIN High Integrity Systems.
- Bulk USB Stack for NXP LPC214x Processors, Yuri Tiomkin. A USB library you can put to good use in your own USB devices. There's also a Firmware upgrader over USB which sets it above other similar offerings.
- uIP on the Olimex EasyWeb2 and LPC-E2124, Paul Curtis. A port of Adam Dunkel's uIP that brings Ethernet connectivity to the Olimex EasyWeb2 and LPC-E2124 boards. It also works on the Olimex EasyWeb3.
- A small BASIC interpreter for the MSP430, Paul Curtis. Written totally in MSP430 assembly code, not really portable to any other processor, but it's free.
Non-Free StuffYes, you need to pay for this.
- AT91SAM7S/7X Boot Loader Source Code Package, Priio. The ARMBL Boot Loader is a bootstrap loader that, once programmed into the ARM7, allows reprogramming of internal FLASH memory without need of a JTAG programmer.
- FlashFile SD/MMC FAT12/16 File Systems for ARM, Priio. FlashFile are source code packages designed to give MSDOS compatibility to your embedded application using SD/MMC.
- Salvo — The RTOS that runs in tiny places, Pumpkin, Inc.. According to Pumpkin, Salvo is the first Real-Time Operating System (RTOS) designed expressly for very-low-cost embedded systems with severely limited ROM and RAM.